Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I was trapped in my mind

The wind touches everything it sees
Blowing them as if they were as light as feather
Giving me the picture of my life in slow-motion
Allowing me to breath even more deeply and see pictures with my eyes closed as if I am blindfolded

A small yet vibrant house that I call home
Familiar faces that I always carry in mind wherever I go
Warm laughter which fulfills the everyday life there
I realize I haven't been there for a while, to taste the warmth and happiness it always offers
I then suddenly feel the need of being there. I miss it.

Then the picture changes,
It changes to hundred of other pictures I recall from my memory
Lots of smiling faces, and the feel of warm hugs I've been given
The feel of cold tears streaming down my face
Happy moments, hurtful moments
I see vibrant colours that represent my emotions
I see people from my past in their best look and expression
Oh God, I am happy.

As I smile, the picture starts to change again,
To a very different surrounding that I didn't expect before
It changes to many different situations which have occurred in the last 2 years
To a set of pictures that reflect the atmosphere that links to my life lately
In those many pictures, I begin to see the face of a boy I am familiar with
The one I feel comfortable with
The one that makes me feel that it's okay to be me
I remember the way he makes me feel that I don't have to be pretty in front of him
I remember how we share laughter and tears during our conversation and still be stupid

The one that I can say is close to my heart
Or perhaps, he has taken a cozy little spot there
An imaginary move my heart cannot even refuse
I remember how I always enjoy talking to him
Or how I always tell him to do things that can actually push myself further from my expectation
....but somehow I am glad to see the smiles that I make appear on his face
I seriously am sincere to give him anything that makes him smile, that makes him feel glad
Even if it drives me away from what I desire, it still feels easy.
And the best part is: I am happy.

I haven't given up on my ability to reach you, to feel you within my grasp. Yet it's not what I push to happen. Because if it's meant to be, it will be. Now I sincerely will always work on making the smiles keep appearing from your face. It's not hard, it feels sincerely easy.

Perhaps, happiness is an overrated word. 
Perhaps, my happiness now is as easy as not being selfish and be around the happy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment