So many things happened in the last few months. Let me see, where should I start?
Ah, I have graduated! I am now an International Relations graduate of Universitas Indonesia. Does that make me proud? I have to be honest, it actually does. I accomplished a lot during my time in university. No, I didn't join many competitions or get some prestigious award. But one thing for sure is I can not deny that I became my true self during my time in university. I experienced a damn lot of things and the most important thing is I remembered that I was happy. I had a great time accompanied by great wonderful friends, friends who are funny and smart at the same time. And another thing is, I found love.
However,the one thing about university life that I cherish the most is the fact that I learned a lot about myself. It might be too late to know yourself in university, but it happened to me. In university you do what you want to do because you are your own boss. And that fact apparently presented me with so many opportunities to learn about my self; about what I like, what I dislike, what I think is important, and many other things. I made friends, from scratch. I discovered things. I explored. I tried. I failed. I succeeded. I found love.
The love I am trying to elaborate here does not merely refer to a person. That person is my love, up until now, but I found so many other kinds of love. It refers to my daily activities, my random thoughts, my effort to get something, my perception towards things in life, my state of mind, my funny friends, my arguments with some people, my leisure time, yes almost everything. Of course there were ups and downs, just like other phases of life. But up until now, when it comes to reminiscing old times, I can only put an envy smile on my face because I badly want to go back and experience it all over again.
Yes, I feel envy to what I used to be and feel back then in the university. I want to feel that kind of happiness again; to find yourself in the surroundings that somehow support your idea of happiness, to do things you know you will feel good about, to have activities that make yourself feel alive, to live every second of life to the fullest because you can understand that it is indeed a blessing, and yes, to find that kind of love.
No comments:
Post a Comment